Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pear Bread

Lisa emailed me this recipe a while back and I just barely got around to trying it.

This recipe is from allrecipes.com


Ingredients

  • 1 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/4 cup oil, and 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce/mixed fruit baby food....I didn't have enough applesauce, so I improvised)
  • 2 cups granulated sugar (I used 1 cup white and 1 cup brown)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups pears - peeled, cored and chopped (I only used 2 cups because I chopped mine REALLY small because Gary doesn't like "chunks" in his bread)
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 1/2 cups white and 1 1/2 cuos whole wheat)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
  2. In large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs, beat well. Stir in pears, pecans and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into the pear mixture; mix well. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean. Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely



I know it seemed like I made a lot of changes....because I did. Most were because of the suggestions Lisa made.

No comments: