Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cake Bites

This is my sister-in-law, Tammy's, recipe. SO delicious!!

1 cake mix, made according to package directions
1 can of frosting
1 box of pudding
almond bark

This is just a general idea of how to make them. You can combine many different flavors. Bake cake (adding entire box of pudding to mix) according to package directions. When cake is done, take a fork and crumble the cake. After the cake is cooled, mix in frosting adding just enough to hold the cake together. Set in fridge for a couple of hours. Roll into small balls and freeze. Then dip in chocolate. I also like to drizzle chocolate on top for aesthetics.

Some of the flavors I have done:
-Devils food cake, chocolate pudding, mixed with peanut butter frosting, dipped in chocolate

-Strawberry cake, strawberry pudding, mixed with strawberry frosting, dipped in white almond bark, drizzled with pink candy melts

-yellow cake, vanilla pudding, cherry frosting, dipped in white almond bark,drizzled with pink candy melts

-red velvet cake mix, chocolate pudding, cream cheese frosting, dipped in chocolate

Give it a try and let me know if you come up with a good combination!!

1 comment:

Gary and Mauri said...

those of you who were at Tanzi's blessing know just how good these are. If you weren't there then you REALLY need to try these...they are FABULOUS!! I wish I had time to make some for the reunion, but they are kind of time consuming and I just don't think I'll get around to them. But I am SO glad to have the recipe :)